Being the creative geniuses they are, Bungie has decided to infuse seasonal bonuses and perks into Major and Minor Arcana cards bundled up in a deck called the Deck of Whispers for the season of The Witch.
It is an exciting mechanic and hella intuitive to use when you get the hang of it – emphasis on the part “when you get the hang of it” part. Deciphering the Deck of Whispers can present a nightmare, but you don’t have to worry.
This article contains a complete Deck of Whispers guide. By the end of it, you will not only know how to find major and minor arcana cards but also how to use them effectively in seasonal activities.
What Is the Deck of Whispers?
Prior to the season of The Witch, seasonal bonuses and perks were granted to the Guardians by completing bounties or challenges. That approach was quite repetitive and, honestly, kind of boring.
Bungie addressed this concern by introducing the Deck of Whispers system into the game. There are a total of 55 cards in the deck split into major and minor arcana cards.
The minor arcana cards contain seasonal rewards, while the major arcana cards contain perks and modifiers that can be used in seasonal activities: Altars of Summoning and Savathun’s Spire.
Unlocking the major and minor arcana cards can provide the much-needed boost towards leveling up in the season of The Witch in Destiny 2. So, let’s see how you can unlock them.
How to Get Major and Minor Arcana Cards?
To get major and minor cards, you will need to find opaque cards, which are then converted into major and minor arcana cards.
Opaque cards can be acquired by completing seasonal or core activities of the game, defeating bosses, or completing bounties and challenges. However, the odds of finding an opaque card that converts into a Major Arcana card is higher in seasonal content.
Once an opaque card is acquired, head over to the Lectern of Divination, which is located inside the H.E.L.M. Interact with the Lectern of Divination, and the opaque card you acquired will be converted into either a major card or a minor arcana card.
Minor Arcana cards can directly be consumed into seasonal rewards such as exotic engrams, Witch’s Key, and other offerings.
On the other hand, the perks granted by Major Arcana cards cannot be used unless you complete a short quest and gain insights. The quest is in the form of objectives that you will need to complete, such as getting kills in the Altars of Summoning, etc.
Each week Guardians are allowed to complete only five major arcana quests, so unlocking all major arcana cards is going to take a month of grinding.
How to Activate and Use Major Arcana Cards?
Finding major arcana cards is one thing, but using them is another whole different ball game. Next to the Ritual Table are five torches, and each holds a major arcana card. Interact with the torches, and will be able to activate your major arcana cards.
When you start a seasonal activity, every fire team member draws a major arcana card at random. So, you will have perks from three major arcana cards active during the course of the seasonal activity.
This way of applying perks and modifiers to an activity is quite refreshing, and it keeps the players excited because they don’t know what they should expect next.
Deck of Whispers All Major and Minor Arcana Cards
There are a total of 55 Arcana cards in the deck of whispers, out of which the deck consists of 11 Major Arcana cards and 44 Minor Arcana cards. The following is the list of all the cards and their corresponding perks.
Major Arcana cards
The major arcana cards come with exciting perks that add valuable spin to the seasonal activities. Here is a list of all the major Arcana cards and their corresponding perks as per Bungie’s description. The list is courtesy of light.gg, so make sure to show them some love as well.
*The cards with (*) are currently not in the live game but present in the game’s database and files, so this list may be subject to change as the season progresses*
- The Sisters: Final blows have a chance to drop Special ammo.
- The Witch: Increases damage with each final blow.
- The Adherant: Rapidly defeating combatants has a chance to regenerate health and shields.
- The Harbinger: Final blows have a chance to create an explosion, damaging nearby targets
- The Blades: Rapidly defeating combatants has a chance to drop Heavy ammo.
- Lacuna: Dealing Void damage adds Suppression.
- Liminal: Dealing Arc damage adds Jolt.
- Ascension: Dealing Solar damage adds Scorch.
- *Lament*: Rapidly defeating combatants reduces class ability cooldown.
- *The Lie*: Final blows reduce melee cooldown.
- *The Truth*: Dealing damage reduces grenade cooldown.
Minor Arcana Cards
The Minor Arcana cards contain rewards, bonuses, or seasonal vanity items. They don’t directly change or alter the gameplay. Despite that, they are of utmost importance and paramount for acquiring seasonal items. The following is the list of all Minor Arcana cards and their corresponding description.
- Empowered Unlocking: Using your Witch’s Keys will award additional Witch’s Engrams.
- Keeper of the Keys: There is a small chance that opening a Witch’s Chest will reward a Witch’s Key.
- Empowered Rewards: Using your Witch’s Keys to open Witch’s Chests in Savathûn’s Spire on Legend difficulty will award an additional piece of armor and a Deepsight Resonant weapon.
- Witch’s Boon: Savathûn’s Spire: Using Witch’s Keys to open Witch’s Chests in Savathûn’s Spire may now drop Red War Weapons.
- Witch’s Boon: Altars of Summoning: Using Witch’s Keys to open Witch’s Chests in Altars of Summoning may now drop Red War Weapons.
- Empowered Spire Crystals: Arc: Extends the timer when activating Arc crystals in Season of the Witch activities. Activating an Arc crystal blinds and jolts nearby combatants.
- Empowered Spire Crystals: Solar: Adds 1 stack of Restoration when carrying a Solar crystal in Season of the Witch activities.
- Empowered Spire Crystals: Void: Allows Void crystals to be destroyed from a distance in Season of the Witch activities.
- Offering Shrine: Reveals a shrine in the Altars of Summoning that allows you to manipulate your ritual Offerings.
- Whispers of Power I: Allows you to redraw a card from your active deck once per activity.
- Whispers of Power II: Allows an additional redraw from your active deck per activity.
- Witchcrafting (x6): The next Season of the Witch weapon you focus at the Ritual Table will be Deepsight Resonant, if possible. The witchcrafting card is found six times in the Minor Arcana deck.
- Minor Arcana 31: Ascendant Shard
- Minor Arcana Card No 32: Enhancement Prism
- Minor Arcana Card No 33: Enhancement Prism
- Minor Arcana Card No 34: Enhancement Core
- Minor Arcana Card No 35: Enhancement Core
- Minor Arcana Card No 36: Exotic Engram
- Minor Arcana Card No 37: Feeble Offering
- Minor Arcana Card No 38: Robust Offering
- Minor Arcana Card No 39: Powerful Offering
- Minor Arcana Card No 40: Witch’s Key
- Minor Arcana Card No 41: Witch’s Key
- Minor Arcana Card No 42: Witch’s Key
- Minor Arcana Card No 43: Witch’s Key
- Minor Arcana Card No 44: Witch’s Engram
- Minor Arcana Card No 45: Witch’s Engram
- Minor Arcana Card No 46: Witch’s Engram
- Minor Arcana Card No 47: Witch’s Engram
- Minor Arcana Card No 48: Witch’s Engram
- Minor Arcana Card No 49: Red War Engram
- Minor Arcana Card No 50: Red War Engram
- Minor Arcana Card No 51: Red War Engram
- Minor Arcana Card No 52: Red War Engram
- Minor Arcana Card No 53: Unknown
- Minor Arcana Card No 54: Unknown
- Minor Arcana Card No 55: Unknown
Check out some of our related guides below.
The system of implementing the Deck of Whispers for granting seasonal perks and rewards to guardians is a major step up from the redundant bounty system present earlier in the seasons.
Bungie has screwed up a lot lately, but this time they deserve all the applause they can get. I hope Bungie keeps bringing these innovative changes to Destiny 2 to enhance the user experience of the game.
Season of The Witch altogether has been a great release by Bungie, and I am loving every bit of it. How’s the season going so far for you; Let me know in the comment section.
Keep your eyes peeled for the next Destiny 2 guide because I cannot wait to share more Destiny content with you.